Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
In view of the growing tendency of organizations to align their management systems with the goals and wishes of clients and stakeholders, the logic of a system capable of auditing several management systems at the same time has been widely accepted. In response to this expectation, GERMANCERT offers their clients the chance of an integrated management system (IMS) which is capable of the simultaneous auditing of different ISO standards such as ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management, and OHSAS 1800 and ISO 45001 Occupational Health Protection Management Systems. IMS allows to audit these management systems whilst fully addressing the respective ISO norms. The IMS certification testifies that the client complies with the whole range of the standards prescribed by accreditation agencies worldwide. Some of the advantages of the application of this integrated auditing approach with regard to ISO 9001 (ISO 9001), ISO 14001 (ISO 14001) and OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001 (ISO 45001) are as follows:
- IMS considerably reduces deployment time whilst increasing system readiness for audits and certifications since it audits several systems at the same time.
- IMS reduces the cost for system installation, assessment and maintenance.
- IMS allows a standardized implementation of the required subsystems.
- IMS allows a more fine-tuned focus on the administration and its direct responsibility to improve the management systems.
- IMS conveys a better image by signalling a higher guarantee for the quality of the managed systems.
- IMS reduces the number of annual audits.
The IMS assessment and auditing process resembles other assessments. Clients can benefit from the advantages of an optional pre-audit if they so desire. The emission audit is conducted in two steps followed by a veto procedure. If approved, the certificate is granted. Maintenance assessments are planned and carried out every year to safeguard the continuity and effectiveness of the respective integrated management system. The validity of the IMS certification depends on that of all the organization’s individual management system certificates.